Skip to content
Kokomo Island Fiji
Seawater Desalination at Kokomo Private Island Fiji

Seawater Desalination

We rely on freshwater for our gardens, our pools, our kitchens and our guests. While access to freshwater is challenging for many remote communities, Kokomo has installed a Seawater Desalination Plant to ensure ongoing access to this precious natural resource. Seawater is processed by the desalination plant, creating sea salt for use in our kitchen and spa, brine for use in our pools, and clean drinking water for use by our guests and staff.

Independent from our Seawater Desalination Project, Kokomo uses storm water tanks and grey water to supply the irrigation systems in our gardens and farm. 80% of the water processed by the island is recycled, with the remaining 20% lost on drying beds.