Hibiscus plants grow extensively on Kokomo Private Island. The colourful blooms serve not only as a beautiful backdrop, but are also used in the Yaukuve Spa Sanctuary to prepare a refreshing and cleansing tea for our guests. Rich in antioxidants, Hibiscus tea offers a number of health benefits, important for overall wellbeing.
See below for you to recreate at home.
- 1/2 cup freshly dried Hibiscus Flowers
- 1 Litre of water
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Rock Salt
- Freshly picked mint leaves
- Slice of lime or orange
- Place the dried hibiscus flowers in a tea strainer and infuse with boiling water.
- Leave flowers to infuse for 5 minutes before removing the strainer.
- Gently stir in the honey and salt until combined. Leave to rest for five minutes.
- Garnish with lime, orange and mint.
- Serve warm or chilled over ice.