Portion: Serves two
Notes / Dietary: Chicken may be substituted with prawns, duck, beef or vegetables
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 200g diced skinless chicken thigh
- 15ml fish sauce
- 60ml palm sugar syrup
- 30ml lime juice
- 1/2 thinly sliced shallot bulb
- 1 thinly sliced garlic clove
- 1 tsp toasted broken rice
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 10g picked coriander
- 10g picked mint
- 10g chopped spring onion
- 8 leaves baby cos lettuce or iceberg lettuce cups
- Heat wok to high heat, add vegetable oil and give it a swirl to coat the wok well with oil.
- Add diced chicken to the wok, continuously stir until chicken is cooked and all the juices dry up.
- Add palm sugar syrup, fish sauce and lime juice, continuously stir until the liquid thickens and caramelizes and sticks to the chicken giving a golden brown colour.
- Pour chicken into a mixing bowl; add shallots, garlic, toasted rice, dried chilli flakes, mixed herbs and mix it through.
- Dish into a serving bowl, serve with lettuce placed on the side or fill the lettuce cups in with the mix.
This is a great dish to enjoy with friends and family.