Recipe by Jon - Executive Pastry Chef
Portion: Makes appoximately 24 cookies
- Unsalted Butter 70g
- Granulated Sugar 210g
- Whole Egg 60g
- Vanilla Essence 10g
- Baking Soda 10g
- Salt 3g
- Almond Meal 300g
- Chocolate Chips 242g
- In a mixing bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Slowly add egg and vanilla essence and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Combine the baking soda, salt, and almond meal. Sift the ingredients together until combined and add to butter mixture.
- Continue mixing until almond mixture has fully incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix as this will break apart the chocolate.
- Portion your dough into desired size on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 165c for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden in colour.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool at room temperature.
- The cookies should still look as if they are under baked as they will continue to cook on the tray.